[Ovmsdev] ESP-IDF v4 / v5 - baby steps

Ludovic LANGE ll-ovmsdev at lange.nom.fr
Fri Feb 3 05:38:38 HKT 2023

Hi list,

I started to split my big list of patches into smaller, more manageable,
easier to review PRs:

  * missing headers
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/825>
  * ESP-IDF v5+: dependency on ovms_webserver.h
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/824>
  * ESP-IDF v5+: change type of TaskHandle_t
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/823>#823
  * changes to (long deprecated) ADC constants
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/822>
  * ESP-IDF v5+: static assertion failed: std::vector must have the same
    value_type as its allocator
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/821>
  * ESP-IDF v5+: static assertion failed: comparison object must be
    invocable as const
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/820>
  * ESP-IDF v4+ : remove deprecated and unused esp_event_loop.h
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/819>
  * remove warning by replacing rom/queue.h with sys/queue.h
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/818>
  * remove warning : '_GNU_SOURCE' redefined
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/817>
  * ESP-IDF v4+ : esp_intr.h is deprecated, replaced by esp_intr_alloc.h
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/816>
  * Add header and fix function signature
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/815>
  * replace some constants with their more adapted counterpart
    <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/813>

Let me know if it's the proper approach ; and if some of you can review
those changes and comment on them, it'll help merging those - and
progress in reaching ESP-IDFv5 compatibility.

Best regards,