[Ovmsdev] Messages stopped being received on phone

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jan 26 02:55:40 HKT 2024

Greg,

8th of January matches our preparation steps for the Firebase messaging
migration.

But that to my knowledge didn't involve any change to the server yet,
and should only have added the Firebase instance to the Google cloud
account without disabling the old GCM.

Also… if it was an issue of the server / Google cloud, there certainly
would be other users affected.

I assume you didn't install the beta test App build yet? That could be
worth a try. The new build works with both the old & new server API.
Google wrote the old Android APIs would continue to work until June, but
maybe that was too optimistic?