[Ovmsdev] Auxiliary Battery Monitor (Kia Niro EV)

Douglas Urner dlu at canishe.com
Fri Feb 9 04:03:55 HKT 2024

The 12V auxiliary battery in our Niro has died twice, so I decided to dig back into OVMS to see if it could shed any light on what is going on with the battery. I’ve installed the AuxBatMon <https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/plugin/auxbatmon/README.html> plugin to log battery parameters and I have questions…

The module is running: 3.3.003/ota_1/main (build idf v3.3.4-848-g1ff5e24b1b Sep 3 2022 11:32:12) — is this really the latest stable version?

Here’s what I’m seeing:

My questions:

What is the source of the current value? Is it being reported by the vehicle? I’m puzzled by it remaining at a high constant value even after the charger appears to have shut down.
Similarly with the charger and environmental temperature values — it seems add that they are mostly constant.
If there is anyone out there with a Niro / Kona, I’d be curious to know what the behavior of your auxiliary battery looks like.

Many thanks, Doug