[Ovmsdev] Review request

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu May 18 11:11:13 HKT 2023

I reviewed both, and they seem ok to me. We lose some debug functionality, but that tradeoff is outweighed by the benefit of a standard unpatched IDF. I doubt whether Espressif would accept most of these patched back into their mainstream, as they are of limited use for general users.

However, note that I am only really looking at this from our existing code and IDF point of view. The primary question being whether these changes would impact existing builds?

When we have a complete set of changes, I think we can then start to build in v5 IDF and really start testing on real devices then.

Regards, Mark