[Ovmsdev] simcom 7600 board not responding

Derek Caudwell d.caudwell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:48:41 HKT 2023

Thanks Mark,

I am on the "edge" firmware and have the verbose logging already enabled.
The tx is being logged ok but no rx back.

Another anomaly is it will sometimes go from PoweringOn to PoweredOn with
no apparent response to the AT command being sent, then times out back to
PoweringOn.

So there may be a hardware failure, voltage level shifter perhaps? I will
try putting an oscilloscope on both ends of transmission next.

In testing I simply modified the simcom 7600 driver code to override the
default modem driver so as not to effect the 5360 pulse logic. The spec
sheet also mentioned it takes the UART around 11s to respond after power
up. Using the spec sheet timing with a delay after turning on appears very
reliable on mine in powering up and down the module. Whereas the 2s and 6s
pulse turned it on and the 4s pulse turned it off going by the led status.