[Ovmsdev] simcom 7600 board not responding

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Jul 5 08:04:32 HKT 2023

Derek,

In testing, we found the data sheet specifications don’t work reliably on the SIM7600G we use. We also need something that works to reset BOTH the SIM5360 and SIM7600 (which have different specifications for this), and the current approach of gradually increasing the pulse time seems to work well in general.

You can factory reset the modem without issue.

The usual way of diagnosing this is to turn on verbose logging at the cellular component. You can then see rx and tx traffic from/to the modem.

Which version of code did you refresh with, and which firmware (factory, ota0 or ota1) is running? Please make sure you have at least v3.3 running to get SIM7600 support. The ‘ota status’ command will show this.

Regards, Mark.