[Ovmsdev] Firmware release 3.3.003 to MAIN / 3.3.004 preparation

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Jan 16 19:07:51 HKT 2023

The issues were not directly related to 3.3.003. Quoting from thread
"Re: [Ovmsdev] SIM7600 Registration Denied":

> Am 09.09.22 um 21:00 schrieb Michael Balzer:
>> Regarding the UART frame errors:
>>
>> […]
>>
>> But I now don't think this is a new issue, and this also affects
>> modules quite differently, no idea depending on what circumstances:
>> on the current run, my car module has lots of FIFO overflows & quite
>> some MUX framing errors, but not a single UART frame error.
>>
>> IOW, I don't think we should let that block the release.

We later merged the status poll splitting, which according to Craig
helps a bit with network registration losses.

Btw: my latest observation was, the power usage of the module rises when
it enters a UART error phase. I have no idea if that gives any clue to a
possible solution or is just a side effect of the high interrupt frequency.

3.3.004 will need some testing on edge still (the PR is still unmerged),
and then some time on eap, so we should release 3.3.003 to main first.