[Ovmsdev] ESP-IDF v4 / v5 - baby steps

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Feb 25 00:34:32 HKT 2023

Ludovic,

I've merged all your PRs, including the two "touchy" ones. I've seen no
issues but a couple of bug fixes included.

I still need to test these with idf5 (i.e. the new idf5 branch state),
idf3 builds & runs fine.

The IDF version switches of course don't add readability, as expected.
But if they can be kept that small, I don't see any problems.

I would opt for excluding the IDF 4 branches, to aid in keeping these as
small as possible. I don't see any advantage in IDF 4 over 5 -- do you?