[Ovmsdev] ESP-IDF v4 / v5 - baby steps

Ludovic LANGE ll-ovmsdev at lange.nom.fr
Thu Feb 23 00:23:33 HKT 2023

Hi Mark,

You're certainly right : WolfSSH writes here
https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssh : "wolfSSH is dependent on wolfCrypt,
found as a part of wolfSSL".

So it seems we need to bundle it still, and it's a good thing we managed
to have it more or less compile with ESP-IDF 5+ (a few bugs are still
being ironed out - especially the OPENSSL compatibility layer, which may
not be used if mongoose does use mbedTLS instead).

Regarding the integration, I tried (my best :-)) to have it build on
both ESP-IDF 3, ESP-IDF 5 (and also ESP-IDF 4 with a small patch to the
ESP-IDF build system itself). Of course I need help for testing /
reproducing the builds and I'm grateful to those of you sparing some
time to do exactly that.

I have another round of PRs waiting for some peer-review :
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+author%3Allange+draft%3Afalse

-> @List, do not hesitate to have a look - especially for the ones that
are a little bit touchy:

  * https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/831
    is trying to guess whether the multiple switch case falls-through
    are wanted, or not. It impacts the code of multiple people, so it
    would be interesting if those people could have a look at it.
  * https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/835
    is also a big piece and would benefit from a peer-review.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,