[Ovmsdev] Presentation and first questions

Romuald Conty (Opus Codium) romuald at opus-codium.fr
Fri Apr 28 23:47:14 HKT 2023

On Friday, 28 April 2023 07:36:30 CEST Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> Be aware that there are only two free
> full GPIOs available, but as I2C only uses two (SDA, SCL), you should
> hopefully be ok.
Which full GPIOs are available on internal expansion bus?
On DA26 expansion port, it seems to be EXP_1 and EXP_2, which are GPIO 32 and
33 on ESP32, respectively; correct?

> Just follow the developer’s guide very
> carefully (in particularly regarding ESP IDF and compiler versions) to get
> your build environment up and running, and start with the default sdkconfig
> copied from support/sdkconfig.default.hw31.
Done, I built and flashed OVMSv3 firmware from sources.
Documentation talk about an old ESP-IDF while recent commits are related to
IDF v4. Is the documentation still the reference?

> OpenEnergyMonitor should have some prototyping boards (I don’t think they
> list them on the website, but you can ask to confirm). If not, I can supply
> from Hong Kong but shipping times and costs are still crazy at the moment.
I got in touch with OpenEnergyMonitor and yes, prototyping boards are
available, thank you.

> Have a look at components/can for the framework.
Ok, do you thing i2c implementation should go in components/i2c ?

> [...] To do it periodically, you would need a task
Is there is a code base to write a task in OVMSv3 context? or a similar code
that have the right architecture in current firmware?

--
Romuald