[Ovmsdev] Thoughts on Metrics - new 'standard metric' candidates and right drive cars

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Nov 5 18:32:25 HKT 2022

Michael,

I also had some thoughts on this, some first feedback from these on yours:

  * I'd place seatbelt sensors in a new name space "v.s." for vehicle
    safety & security related metrics. That would also become the place
    for airbag & emergency braking sensors, traction control & emergency
    lights and the like.
  * I'd decouple the "driver" & "passenger" roles from the physical
    allocation, because this may become a property that can be changed
    on the fly even during driving, as soon as all vehicle controls are
    digital.
  * The "driver" metric may then also be assigned to a special value to
    represent autonomous driving modes.
  * I also think about arrays instead of fixed geometric layouts, as
    vehicles come in a variety of door & seat arrangements.