[Ovmsdev] VW e-Up: 12V DCDC inverter start

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Mon May 16 18:15:04 HKT 2022

Hi Michael,

and thanks for the info. Not so good info for my project though... (see
https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1867824#p1867824 for
details).
So I reckon the trickle charge with ~12.9V cannot use the full capacity
of 120A (stated in the link above) of the DCDC inverter. Only the the
awake state with the ~14.5V might do that.

I hope I can start my investigation this week with a "regulated
discharge test system" connected to the 12V battery. I hope that the
(trickle) charge will start in any case when a minimum voltage is
reached. Maybe 11.5V or so...

thanks again,
Soko