[Ovmsdev] Vehicle support for VW MEB platform

ovmsdev ovmsdev at whl.freedom.nl
Tue Apr 19 16:29:23 HKT 2022

Hi all,

I'm new to OVMS, just ordered my kit.

Sinc e I own an VW ID.4, I'd like to add support for the VW MEB
platform, which includes the Skoda Enyaq, Volkswagen ID.x, Audi Q4
etron, Cupra Born.

Anyone else interesting in helping out? I have found some resources that
will help us get started:

VW ID3 support for the evDash:
https://github.com/nickn17/evDash/blob/master/src/CarVWID3.cpp

ID.3 support for the UDS Decoder tool:

https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1758362&sid=f3168951a5a627b2930c870df144f35a#p1758362

https://github.com/TUMFTM/uds-decoder/blob/master/python_can_recorder/ids.txt

Quickest way would be to create an EBC description for it... but I guess
for full feature support we'll need an additional vehicle to the source
code.

Which of the existing vehicles would be best suited as a starting point:
vweup? This uses two CAN connectors though.

Kind regards,

Wessel