[Ovmsdev] 3.2.018 release

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sun Nov 21 01:30:08 HKT 2021

On 11/20/21 00:02, Michael Balzer wrote:
> did any of the metrics dumps show anything unusual? Did the staleness
> reflect the stopped updates? Did you see any inf/NaN in the dumps?

Clearly I should have captured some info before resetting... I do
remember that in a ssh session, "metrics list -s v.b.soc" showed "[99-]".

> I've had a similar effect lately where I had a bug in the e-Up code that
> could set a float metric to inf. That did not affect the V2 App though,
> only the web UI, as the JSON encoder does not handle NaN or inf.

This looked like stuck values to me, from the V2 app, the web ui, and
the command line.

> I thought if we should test for special float values in the JSON
> encoder, but then decided it's rather a bug to set a metric value to NaN
> or inf first place.
>
> The metric that was affected by my bug was no V2 transport metric, so if
> the Apps have an issue with special floats as well, that could have been
> your issue. You would have seen "inf" or "NaN" in the metrics dump then.

I don't remember seeing any "inf" or "NaN".

I'll try to do a better job of collecting hints if this reoccurs.

		Craig