[Ovmsdev] 3.2.018 release

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Nov 20 16:02:18 HKT 2021

Craig,

did any of the metrics dumps show anything unusual? Did the staleness
reflect the stopped updates? Did you see any inf/NaN in the dumps?

I've had a similar effect lately where I had a bug in the e-Up code that
could set a float metric to inf. That did not affect the V2 App though,
only the web UI, as the JSON encoder does not handle NaN or inf.

I thought if we should test for special float values in the JSON
encoder, but then decided it's rather a bug to set a metric value to NaN
or inf first place.

The metric that was affected by my bug was no V2 transport metric, so if
the Apps have an issue with special floats as well, that could have been
your issue. You would have seen "inf" or "NaN" in the metrics dump then.