[Ovmsdev] mongoose-wolfssl

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sun Mar 21 04:53:19 HKT 2021

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021, Craig Leres wrote:
> On 3/20/21 9:09 AM, Michael Balzer wrote:
> > Assuming no objections from other developers, I would first merge
> > mongoose-wolfssl into master, then master into for-v3.3.
>
> As a developer I'd like to be the first to say, "yes, please."

Motion and second is good enough for me.

I have completed the following merge steps:

  - merge from mongoose-wolfssl branch to master branch in the
    mongoose submodule

  - cherry-pick from mongoose-wolfssl branch to master branch in the
    main ovms tree

  - merge from master branch to for-v3.3 branch in the main ovms tree

Build and run of the master branch works for me with TLS server v2
connection and ssh connection, so I hope that is a sufficient merge
validation test.

> And a question: Does this bring us closer to being able to use https with the
> gui? Even a self generated, self signed cert would allow an encrypted session
> and protection of credentials. And I can imagine adding code to implement the
> Let's Encrypt DNS-01 challenge type.

The next step is to see what linkages to MBEDTLS remain.  I think
https may be part of that.

                                                        -- Steve