[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3.3 hardware

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Aug 17 13:30:09 HKT 2021

For the 4G modem options we need to go through FCC, CE, and ROHS certification. Minimising/eliminating the changes to the main board simplifies this (and brings down the exorbitant costs) but if there is anything urgent / necessary, now is the time to do it.

The goal here is to maintain 100% compatibility with existing OVMS main boards, to keep this is a simple and relatively cheap upgrade of the modem board.

So far, I have come up with this minimal list:

Main board v3.3: Improve soldering of micro USB port. Bigger solder pads, and more solder to secure it better.

Modem board v1.3: Add support for SIM7600 module.

Modem board v1.3: Fix support for DTR sleep/awake support.

Is there anything else required for this update?