[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 v3.2.001 Over-the-Air firmware update
mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Jan 19 17:00:35 HKT 2019
A summary of the major changes is here:
2019-01-19 MWJ 3.2.001 OTA release
- v3.2 first public release
- New vehicle: Smart ED (adaption by Martin Graml )
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV re-write for OVMS v3
- Web UI: text / script editor
- Web UI: user plugin support (pages & hooks)
- Web UI: night mode by URI parameter, e.g. "…/#/dashboard?nm=1"
- Web UI: dashboard accessible w/o login
- Web UI: added config backup & restore tool
- Web UI: file selector added for firmware flashing from SD
- Web UI: text notifications (info/error/alert) displayed as dialogs
- Twizy web UI: drivemode buttons secured & added to dashboard
- Twizy web UI: added file dialog for virtual dyno recording
- Twizy: SEVCON monitoring & recording
xrt mon start 
xrt mon stop
xrt mon reset
xrt.i.* = operational inverter data
xrt.s.* = power & torque by speed (virtual dyno)
- Twizy: experimental powermap calculation including region 3 / breakdown torque
xrt [motor_trq_breakdown] = 0 Breakdown torque in Nm, e.g. 210.375
xrt [motor_rpm_rated] = 0 Rated speed in rpm, e.g. 2100
See docs/Renault-Twizy/Twizy-Powermap-Calculator-Tbrk.ods for details.
- Add inactivity watchdog timers to CAN buses
- NissanLeaf: Fix for 0% SOH on 30KWh models with Nissan BMS update
- Introduction of support for DBC CAN bus configuration files
For full detail on all changes, check the GitHub revision history.
The v3 modules can be updated over the air (wifi), via SD CARD, or over USB - all without requiring special hardware programmers like the PICKIT used for v2. The simplest way to update the module firmware is to connect it as a client to your wifi network (or phone hotspot), and then use the web interface Config / Firmware / Flash-from-Web; that will show you the version you are running, as well as the latest version available for update. One click on 'Flash now' and the update will be downloaded and installed. Alternatively, you can download the firmware update to a file named ovms3.bin in the root directory of a FAT formatted SD CARD and insert the card into the module's slot - the new firmware will be updated automatically and the file renamed ovms3.done to signify completion.
This firmware also includes the feature to check for and automatically update to newly available firmware, every night (so long as the vehicle is connected to WiFi). After updating to 3.1.005 or later, you can enable this for future firmware releases with 'config ota auto yes'. You can choose the release level by setting 'config ota tag edge|eap|main', as one of:
edge: Bleeding edge developer nightly-builds
eap: Early Access Program (full releases, but with little public testing)
main: Publicly tested full releases (the most stable)
We expect to release the 3.2.001 firmware to 'main' (all users) after EAP testing (most likely within a week or so).
Thank you to all the open source developers who have contributed to this, and previous, releases, and thank you for your support of the project.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OvmsDev