[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Tue Mar 20 17:01:00 HKT 2018

Hi Mark,

I'm back using the 2degrees simcard (they run a 900MHz/2100MHz network
that is compatible with my simcom module) and performance is very good
compared to where we were a few weeks ago. There is a dead spot which I
drive through often where it would usually disconnect and never
reconnect, now it still disconnects and I can see the app shows the last
contact lag by a couple of minutes, but it reconnected all by itself.

Unfortunately it dropped offline and never reconnected this evening. It
disconnected shortly before I arrived at a meeting, I left the data
logger connected for a few hours before trying "power simcom off" and on
again which wasn't enough to clear it, I had to reboot the module the
button. See attached log.