[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf updates

Robin O'Leary ovmsdev at caederus.org
Sat Apr 21 00:00:59 HKT 2018

Thanks for your comments; I'll just reply to a few quick ones now
and come back to the others later.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:51:18PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> On 20/04/18 03:39, Robin O'Leary wrote:
> >I would like to record the temperature inside the car, but I couldn't
> >see an appropriate metric (I've stuck it on ms_v_charge_temp for now).
> >Is there a better place for it?

I gather that Mark has already obliged with a new ms_v_env_cabintemp,
so I'll move that there.

> I'm already polling the SOH from the BMS with more precision than is
> available on 0x5b3, but that calculation needs to know the "new car" Ah
> battery size to convert from the current Ah to the SOH.  Can you store the
> 0x5b3 SOH in a different metric (or a class variable?) to avoid clobbering
> the existing SOH value.

Ah, is that in a separate branch?  I didn't see anything in the master
repository that set ms_v_bat_soh.

> It would be great if you used the 5b3 SOH to discover the correct battery size.
> Something like the following ought to be
> true for a 30kWh car and false for a 24kWh(CAC / SOH_5b3 * 100) > 70. That
> would remove the need to configure the correct Ah to get the SOH calculation
> to work.

That's an interesting idea!  And I guess we will soon have another case
to deal with when someone gets a new 40kWh battery.

> Did you mean to remove the odometer code? Can you put it back and see if it
> works with an odometer in miles, I've only been able to test with my km
> odometers.

I can confirm that the value on the bus is always km regardless of the
displayed units preference, which I removed from the ms_v_pos_odometer
setting (the git diff got a bit confused, and shows the change as an
addition and the deletion separated by a big chunk of new code to do
with doors and drive state).