[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf updates

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Apr 21 16:25:33 HKT 2018

On 21/04/18 04:00, Robin O'Leary wrote:

>> I'm already polling the SOH from the BMS with more precision than is
>> available on 0x5b3, but that calculation needs to know the "new car" Ah
>> battery size to convert from the current Ah to the SOH.  Can you store the
>> 0x5b3 SOH in a different metric (or a class variable?) to avoid clobbering
>> the existing SOH value.
> Ah, is that in a separate branch?  I didn't see anything in the master
> repository that set ms_v_bat_soh.

It's in master on line 250:
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/vehicle_nissanleaf/src/vehicle_nissanleaf.cpp#L250

>> Did you mean to remove the odometer code? Can you put it back and see if it
>> works with an odometer in miles, I've only been able to test with my km
>> odometers.
> I can confirm that the value on the bus is always km regardless of the
> displayed units preference, which I removed from the ms_v_pos_odometer
> setting (the git diff got a bit confused, and shows the change as an
> addition and the deletion separated by a big chunk of new code to do
> with doors and drive state).

Ah, I see now. I'm glad to hear the units are always in km, I copied the
approach I took from somewhere, happy leaf I think. If it's not
necessary, rip it out. If we discover a car that isn't like this we can
deal with it then. Can you remove the 0x355 based unit check and the
m_odometer_units variable in the class definition.