[Ovmsdev] V3 Hardware / Roll Your own

Chris Perez akkord64 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 04:00:27 HKT 2017

Thanks Mark. A few more questions. 1. When will the schematics/component
selections be published on GitHub? 2. What programming language are you
planning on moving to seeing as how the PIC code will not translate
directly to the ESP32? 3. Will the modem be moving to LTE Cat M1.NB1 for a
little future proofing?

I am toying with the idea of ordering a
https://www.pycom.io/product/gpy-preorder-shipping-may-2017/ board and
converting the OVMS code base+vehicle specifics to Python leveraging
private MQTT. But I don’t want to fork too far away :/

Chris, Julien,

I hear you. Just waiting for the latest processor stepping from Espressif,
then should be ok for a run of developer boards. Still no modular
certification, so stuck as a DIY until that is resolved.

I appreciate that the delays are frustrating - for me too. Just a huge
steep learning curve with this new platform.