[Ovmsdev] Change of tmc.openvehicles.com server IP

Mark Webb-Johnson info at openvehicles.com
Mon Sep 21 08:39:13 HKT 2015

Attn: OVMS user of tmc.openvehicles.com <http://tmc.openvehicles.com/>

Short Story

The Server IP address for tmc.openvehicles.com <http://tmc.openvehicles.com/> has been changed, and the OVMS module ServerIP setting in your car needs to be changed to match. The new server IP is 54.197.255.127 (the old was 54.243.136.230). If your OVMS module is currently connected to the server, we’ll do this change automatically for you, and there is nothing further you need to do. However, if your car is currently offline, then you may have to manually change this yourself (as we can’t change it remotely for offline cars).

Long Story

The server IP address for tmc.openvehicles.com <http://tmc.openvehicles.com/> has been changed. For cars currently connected to the server, or connecting within the next 24 hours, we will conduct a migration of parameter #4 automatically, so you don’t need to do anything:

#4 SERVERIP 54.243.136.230 -> 54.197.255.127

For those using the tmc.openvehicles.com <http://tmc.openvehicles.com/> server, whose cars are not currently connected, you will need to manually change the parameter #4 (SERVERIP) to the new address 54.197.255.127. You can do that with the ‘SERVER 54.197.255.127’ sms message from your registered phone.

Note that in approximately 24-to-48 hours time, the old server IP will be shutdown and no longer available, so we recommend you do this before that time.

Regards,
Mark Webb-Johnson
Open Vehicles