[Ovmsdev] TMC openvehicles server offline

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Sep 19 20:40:16 HKT 2015

This message has been posted:

On 19th September 2015, we changed the server tmc.openvehicles.com to a new IP address - 54.197.255.127. Please make sure you are using this as your Server IP parameter.

The dns record for tmc.openvehicles.com has been changed already, but may take a few hours to propagate.

You can reconfigure your car, from your registered phone by sms message "SERVER 54.197.255.127".

Cars connecting to the old server address will be auto-migrated to the new server, where possible.

The issue is that TMC has had to change IP address, due to issues with the old address. You can manually change your cars to talk to the new address and it should be running ok now. I am also working on a server at the old address to automatically re-set the server parameter on all connecting cars to the new address, to make this change seamless.

Regards, Mark.