[Ovmsdev] Open Charge Map

Lee Howard lee.howard at mainpine.com
Fri May 23 08:12:41 HKT 2014

On 05/22/2014 03:44 PM, Tom Saxton wrote:
> Maybe another map vendor wants to add support to OVMS, so the user can
> choose OCM or PlugShare, or whatever.
> As an aside, PlugShare is already experimenting with adding the
> ability to add voltage/amperage info to their database via a special
> version of their web site that appears when the user agent is the
> Model S browser.

I am pleased that PlugShare easily accepts data contributions, but does
it meet your own criteria listed an hour ago?...

On 05/22/2014 02:49 PM, Tom Saxton wrote:
 > I'd like to make sure that whatever happens with OVMS reporting charging
 > station information stays open and stand-alone, not tied exclusively to
 > OCM.

I've read through the PlugShare "Terms of Use Agreement", and it seems
very much opposed to the "open" philosophy espoused by OVMS (and OCM).

Mind you, I have absolutely no objection to anyone developing-in an OVMS
feature to contribute information to PlugShare and other databases
besides OCM.  I merely mean to point out and seek clarification for the
apparent conflict in your positions.

Thanks,

Lee.

--
*Lee Howard*
*Mainpine, Inc. Chief Technology Officer*