[Ovmsdev] Open Charge Map

Paul Churchley paul at churchley.org
Thu May 22 17:46:44 HKT 2014

I don't think it wise just leave such a decision to "what suits everyone
else". It should be designed according to good design principles and good
practice. Just because it is open source and community-driven it should
still not compromise on industry-accepted principles.

If we leave it to what is convenient to others then we will end up building
in problems for everyone further down the line. Of course we must consider
everyone's views in the mix but at the end of the day we should not
compromise on what we know to be sound design principles if we want to have
a system that is flexible to further needs.

Design by committee will not result in a sound overall design IMO.

Paul