[Ovmsdev] Twizy 45 and ovms firmware

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Jun 3 17:09:42 HKT 2014

Gianluca,

welcome :-)

Branch "master" is the current main branch, if
there is a beta version available in another
branch, there will be a note on this list.

You don't need to rebuild yourself, I provide
flashable releases in the german Twizy forum:
http://www.vectrix-forum.de/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=72&func=view&catid=54&id=59478

The Twizy 45 default settings have been provided
by another german forum member, so I cannot check
them myself. The values for T80 are definitely
correct. The T45 TSMAP brake/neutral rpm values
seem to be right, as the T45 has a higher gear
ratio. I thought the drive rpms could be wrong,
but as the drive map is normally flat 100% that
normally has no effect so could have slipped
through at Renault/SEVCON.

There is no formal roadmap, and my firmware todo
list only contains nice2haves, most of them maybe
not implementable. I'll write an extract later on.

What's lacking most from my point of view is Twizy
specific support on the App. The remaining
firmware ROM space will probably also be needed to
implement the necessary CFG commands for the App.

Am 02.06.2014 19:01, schrieb Gianluca Magalotti:
> Hi
> first of all I want to introduce myself.
> I'm a new Twizy 45 owner and a software
> developer (or at least I was ages ago :-) ).
> Actually I spend my free time doing some
> prototyping using Arduino and, now, doing some
> Twizy hacking as well.
> I'm interested in contributing at the project as
> developer and tester for twizy 45. My github id
> is gluca (https://github.com/gluca).
>
> Now the firmware questions:
> When upgrading firmware which branch should I
> use? Do I have to rebuild or I will find a
> pre-build hex file for twizy?
>
> In any case, I've downloaded the microchip
> project and switched to the V2_RT_Production
> configuration and it builds (I had some trouble
> in finding the C18 compiler for osx but i've
> found a 3.40 version).
> Now I've enabled all switches (OVMS_TWIZY_CFG
> and OVMS_TWIZY_BATTMON) and created a new
> configuration (V2_RT_Production_fullfeature).
> I will use my branch for experiments.
>
> Now the dev parts:
> 1) M2M Sims. I live in Italy and M2M data plan
> are not (yet?) accessible at reasonable rates.
> In any cases M2M data plans are "data plan" only
> and typically do not include sms (at least
> sending sms). I was wondering if some other way
> can be provided for alerts and other messaging
> needs.
> 2) Twizy 45 settings. I've read both user guide
> and all the ods files and I think I've found
> some errors on ods. Specifically ts map
> break/neutral rpm values for twizy 80 and 45
> seems swapped.
> 3) Roadmap. Is there any roadmap for twizy
> functionalities I can partecipate in
> developing/testing?
>
> *Gianluca Magalotti*
> ITIL V3 Certified
>
> email: gianluca at magalotti.net
> <mailto:gianluca at magalotti.net>
> Mob:       +39 340 7418648
> Mob:       +39 3474 3474 25
> Linkedin:
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucamagalotti/

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal