[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3

Mastro Gippo gipmad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:35:21 HKT 2014

Michael,
oddly enough the Wifi+bluetooth may cost more and be harder to develop than
a GSM modem... and an OVMS with only USB / BT / WIFI conection would then
become only slightly better than an ELM327.
Lowering power consumption is nearly impossible because of the required
connection, but we can make an option for the twizy to turn off the modem
when the car is not charging or is not on. It shouldn't be an issue because
having a connection is useless anyway as the twizy doesn't have things
(A/C) to remotely control when the car is turned off.
What are you talking about the Samsung NX300? I don't see anything
impressive, 160 minutes of battery time on 1100mah is pretty standard...
MG