[Ovmsdev] OVMS Developers Document

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jan 11 22:09:20 HKT 2013

I've put together a first-draft of the OVMS developers document. Something to document, at a high-level, the OVMS code, to make it easier to extend and use it (in particular for those writing vehicle modules).

You can find it on github, in the docs directory.

The PDF is here: https://github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/blob/master/docs/OVMS_Development.pdf?raw=true

The DOCX document is here: https://github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/blob/master/docs/OVMS_Development.docx?raw=true

Note that the code development hints and tools section comes from Michael B's Firmware-Development.odt document in the same directory. Thanks, Michael.

The vehicle side of this document is mostly complete. What is missing are some conclusions, and the server and apps parts. But, it is good enough to be used for vehicle side today. I will keep working on it. If you see anything wrong, or think some parts of need expanding / removing, please let me know.

Regards, Mark.

P.S. Like other OVMS documents, it is in DOCX and PDF format. Not because I like it, but because I've given up ;-) It pains me every time I start Microsoft Word on my Mac. Some day, the world will be rid of Microsoft Office, just not today.