[Ovmsdev] OVMS OBDII Cables now available

mikeljo at me.com mikeljo at me.com
Sat Dec 29 20:40:07 HKT 2012

Hi mark,

nothing with customs. ;-)

I think the quality is ok.
The length is for normal use ok, but for my development is a little bit short. My module is in the moment behind the Driver seat. This is NO Problem!!
When the module is installed in the dashbord the length is ok.

Here is a Pic:

With the cable to the side, it is out of the way. Secure from my feet.

Bye
michael

Am 28.12.2012 um 17:40 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks for testing this. I hope you didn't get too much hassle at customs.
>
> What do you think of the cable? Good enough for the job?
>
> Regards, Mark.
>
> On 28 Dec, 2012, at 8:14 PM, mikeljo at me.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Cable received.
>> Tested and it Works.
>>
>> Bye
>> Michael
>>

>> Am 19.12.2012 um 09:20 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>:
>>

>>> We received the cables yesterday, and they look good. The factory seems to have done a good job. I tested 5 - all ok - and even put one in my wife's Nissan to power up an OVMS module. Now, if only her car had a can bus :-(
>>>

>>> OVMS vehicle cables for connection to can-bus equipped OBDII vehicles are now available from our FastTech logistics partner. You can find them here:
>>>
>>>     OVMS OBDII Cable @FastTech
>>>
>>> This cable connects the OVMS module to the vehicle CAN bus, via the industry standard OBDII socket. It is 1 metre in length, and uses a right-angle OBDII plug (J1962-M) to help with cable management and routing.
>>>
>>> The cable is intended to be used in Renault Twizy, Chevy Volt, Opel/Vauxhall Ampera, and other cars using OBDII connectors.
>>>
>>> OVMS OBDII Cable Pinout
>>>
>>> J1962-M   DB9-F   Signal
>>> 4         3       Chassis/Power GND
>>> 6         7       CAN-H