[Ovmsdev] Forum Notifications

Ludovic LANGE ll-ovmsdev at lange.nom.fr
Tue Mar 5 19:49:22 HKT 2024

Hi,

Don't we already have a Discord ?

Not that I'm a big fan of Discord (I found it a little ...
distracting... given that we're not in a gamified environment. Perhaps
too "friendly". But that's just a personal opinion)

Otherwise, on other projects I use Element (the UI) on Matrix (the
protocol). It certainly has some drawbacks and valid opponents, but I
found it sober, open (specs are open, protocol is open, and you can
federate your own server if you so want) and up to the point.
(Btw Gitter.im is a chat and networking platform for devs, also using
Matrix for its underlying protocol)

I don't know how all these tools handle spam, I haven't seen it for now.

Whatever the choosen approach, I don't think it's useful to have so much
channels, it could fragment collaboration. So I'd recommend to forward
all existing channel users to only one channel.

Regards,