[Ovmsdev] OVMS Poller module/singleton

Michael Geddes frog at bunyip.wheelycreek.net
Sun Apr 28 18:26:44 HKT 2024

Hey all,

The poller singleton code that I've been working on for over a year now is
merged in. (Thanks Michael for expediting the final step).

This includes separate multi-frame states per bus and multiple poll lists
as well as non-blocking one off queries. As well as more 'states'.

I have included some programming documentation in the change but am happy
to supply more if needed.

The ioniq 5 code has some examples of how it can be used. Some examples are:

* grabbing the vin as a one shot without blocking
* having a short list of queries that are polled quickly for obd2ecu (this
also demonstrates using a shorter frame break value and then a break after
successful a response)

Have a play please!

Also interested in hearing what user tools might be worth looking at next
for the poller object.

//.ichael G.