[Ovmsdev] OVMS Server GCM/FCM migration

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Apr 14 15:33:31 HKT 2024

Everyone running an own server instance,

I've just merged the FCM development branch into "master" for the server.

There were issues with occasionally frozen child processes with the
initial standard fork scheme under heavy load. Thanks to a hint by Mark,
I could rework the message delivery to use AnyEvent::Util's fork_call,
which has been running rock steady for a week now on my production server.

See the README section on Android push notifications if you haven't done
the migration yet. Keep in mind, the old API will be disabled on June 20.