[Ovmsdev] EV6/IONIQ5

N A njcman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:17:35 HKT 2024

I'm completely new to OVMS but very interested in learning how to
contribute. I have an EV6 and would love to be able to use it with this
system. I looked through the listserv archives and have noticed a few
requests and discussions about the Kia EV6 but no indication that it's
being worked on. If not, I'd like to see if I can help.

I know that there are folks working on the IONIQ5, which is very similar to
the EV6, so, my first question -- has anyone tried to use the IONIQ
configuration on an EV6? If they do share a platform, which could be the
case, it would seem possible that it is already supported, just not
officially -- or am I mistaken?

If so, I'm happy to order an OVMS box and test things out. If not, I'd like
to see what else I could do to get the EV6 supported and/or perhaps
collaborate with others.