[Ovmsdev] CI ?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Thu Jun 8 15:55:14 HKT 2023

Ludovic,

there actually is a Travis CI workflow defined (see
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/.travis.yml),
but that apparently stopped working due to unknown reasons. My
impresssion was, these CI tools add some comfort but need continuous
maintenance.

Your workflows catch/handle a lot more cases than the old Travis
workflow. This would be quite nice to have, especially with heading
towards IDF v4/v5 & different hardware platforms to support.

My 2 cents: I don't see a lock-in issue here, it's just a GitHub addon,
building is always possible without. Github itself is completely
optional, as are all other Git hosters.