[Ovmsdev] ESP-IDF v4 / v5 - baby steps

Ludovic LANGE ll-ovmsdev at lange.nom.fr
Tue Jan 24 05:19:28 HKT 2023

Michael,

Thanks for your help. FYI I've just pushed the last touches to the
vehicle components which are now all converted to cmake and "should
work". Still compiles under 3.3.x.

A new things that need to be checked : in
https://github.com/llange/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/commit/f31117a48d4e293b2be01e8b48c1d580d0af834e
i had to replace `INT` with another type. This time I choose `int32_t`
but I'm not really sure because I could not find a way to see where and
how INT was defined. I could only verify (by compilation tricks) that
sizeof(INT) == sizeof(int32_t).

Regarding cmake, I understand your concern with dependencies, and I did
have the same reaction. There certainly is a way - I did not spend too
much time on it. We will however have some "bugs" in the current state
of things when disabling components in menuconfig where a dependency was
implied and is now exposed. I'll let the cmake experts guide us :-)

I'll now work on the compilation warnings.

Btw, another thing that I need to mention is that from 3.3 to 5.x, many
constants (used in sdkconfig) have been renamed etc... So our sdkconfig
is upgraded by the build toolchain when we compile with 4.x or 5.x. I
recommend doing a backup if it has been customized - in case of.

Regards,

Ludovic