[Ovmsdev] CAN bus logging not working

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Feb 7 08:06:47 HKT 2023

First guess is that you have to ‘can log stop’ to close the logging file before you will be able to see the content.

If that is not it, please provide details of the logging commands you are typing, and what ‘vfs ls /sd’, ‘can can1 status’, ‘can can2 status’, show.

Regards, Mark.

P.S. If you have a modern OVMS module, I also suggest you double-check the sdcard maxfreq.khz setting to optimise performance:

https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/userguide/logging.html?highlight=sdcard#performance-impact