[Ovmsdev] Modem - Last Error: User Interrupt

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Thu Aug 3 02:58:08 HKT 2023

Chris & Pierre,

cron jobs can easily be implemented by attaching event scripts to the
standard "clock.*" events.

→ https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/userguide/events.html

For a daily job running at 01:00, all you need is a simple script for
"clock.0100".

For jobs running at specific time conditions, make the event script a
javascript, e.g. along something like this:

(function(){
   const now = new Date();
   const day = now.getDay(); // Sunday - Saturday : 0 - 6
   if (day == 3) {
     print("now performing the wednesday job…");
   }
})()

A plugin providing a simple UI to manage cron jobs should be easy to create.