[Ovmsdev] Presentation and first questions

Romuald Conty (Opus Codium) romuald at opus-codium.fr
Thu Apr 27 21:06:19 HKT 2023

Hi,

I'm Romuald, a FLOSS enthusiast, and I'm working on a project where I'm going
to use OVMS platform as a part of the vehicle hybridisation system.

To reach my goals, I'll have to:
 - Read two CAN buses to grab and display values on a HUD
 - Make an expansion board with some IC which requires to talk using I²C
 - Publish events on a third CAN bus which exposes additional sensors values

I have a lot of questions about the really exiting OVMS board and platform, to
start here are my firsts:
 - Is there is any trap I should take care that is not described in users or
developers documentation regarding my goals?
 - Is there is any place where I can find some prototype boards¹?
 - Could someone guide me to be able to periodically wrote values on CAN bus
using the OVMS code architecture²?

Thanks for this awesome project!

[1] I bough my OVMS from OpenEnergyMonitor and unfortunately none are sold
[2] It's about read some sensors, compute values and provide results at a
traditional CAN frequency on the bus.

--
Romuald Conty
Opus Codium