[Ovmsdev] Introduction - message replay and other topics

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Oct 11 01:34:36 HKT 2022

Ludovic, welcome :-)

you're right, can play is unfinished. It seems it wasn't needed up to
now, you're welcome to finish it. Mark would best comment on what's
missing there, as it was his concept & framework draft.

Another local option is replaying a set of specific frame sequences by
scripts running series of "can tx" and/or "can rx" commands.

Regarding dashboard development, you can simply add a random metrics
data generator to the UI. You can find templates for this in the examples:
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/ovms_webserver/dev/metrics.htm#L235

Documentation of course can always be improved :-)