[Ovmsdev] Introducing myself and questions on deep sleep

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Nov 22 03:15:45 HKT 2022

Patrick, Mark is probably right assuming you've been measuring with the
modem still powered on; with the modem still enabled, I also see a
minimum consumption level at around 250-280 mW.

The modem is on by default on the initial boot (first power up), that's
due to hardware defaults. So on an initial power up, you always need to
wait for the system to power the modem down before doing measurements.
That will normally take about 80-90 seconds.

You can easily see if the modem is off by observing the blue LED. From
the log you can normally tell it's off by seeing these messages:

I (80323) cellular: State: Enter PoweredOff state
D (80323) events: Signal(system.modem.poweredoff)

Another option is checking the "cellular status" command showing "State:
PoweredOff".

You can also control modem power by the switch S1 on the modem board.
You need to push it for 3 seconds to manually power off. Power on only
needs about half a second. Be aware the driver will need some time and
possibly some modem power cycles to resync if you change the power state
manually when awake.