[Ovmsdev] New Metric Units

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Nov 8 21:01:36 HKT 2022

That's basically a good approach, but be aware 'IsDefined()' has an
ambiguous meaning here, as with the API stem "OvmsMetrics" it would
naturally be expected to mean "is this metric defined", not "does this
metric have a defined value".

An undefined metric currently can be derived from 'Values()' returning
undefined, but that's more an undocumented side effect than intended.

Maybe 'GetDefined()' could be a better name, leveraging this behaviour,
i.e. returning 'undefined' for an actually undefined metric, and 'null'
for a defined metric without a value.