[Ovmsdev] SWCAN

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu May 26 08:48:15 HKT 2022

Craig,

Not sure why the US distributors are showing plenty of stock and good pricing, but the ones in China are not good now. Weird chip shortage stuff going on at the moment. Even a simple SPDT DIP switch costing US$1 on mouser is US$5 in China and sourcing them is like trying to find a vein of gold.

I’ve told the manufacturer either TH8056 or NCV7356 should be ok, and they are trying to source.

If the component cost is really too high, then we’ll just go back to the two different boards idea (or perhaps one PCB only populated with components for each option like we do with our modem PCBs).

Regards, Mark.