[Ovmsdev] Newly installed 4G modem getting DeniedRegistration

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Mar 15 12:50:01 HKT 2022

On Saturday I installed a new 4G modem in Timothy Rodgers' OVMS (he is
"Timothy" on TMC).  When I did mine, it came right up on AT&T, but
Timothy's is repeatedly failing.  Both his and my OVMS are running
3.3.002.  Both of us are using the Hologram SIM.

At first, it looked like I might need to set the new IMEI at Hologram
somehow because the old IMEI for the 3G modem still showed.  Later,
though, the IMEI changed to the new one, but the connection still did
not come up.  I suggested that Timothy contact Hologram support, which
he did.  The reply from the support agent is below.  It says there
have been many momentary connects and disconnects with zero bytes
transferred.  Has anything like this been seen elsewhere?  Are there
other tests we should do?

                                                        -- Steve