[Ovmsdev] Passing of Steve Casner

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jul 8 15:27:36 HKT 2022

I sadly haven't had the chance to meet him in real life, but I like to
believe I knew him well through his code, ideas and always helpful comments.

To me he was a brilliant mind with clear goals and strong will. He was a
great teacher, spotting and exposing any weak or poorly designed
concept, and offering very profound knowledge and wisdom to do better.
Future software engineers around the world will learn how to improve
themselves and their work from reading his contributions.

Now knowing he was still active here while already fighting hard against
cancer, I appreciate his work and attitude even more. I wish I'll have
his strength when I once need it.

RIP Steve, you're gonna be missed.

Michael