[Ovmsdev] Trouble building the documentation

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sat Feb 12 03:00:56 HKT 2022

On 2/7/22 14:11, Craig Leres wrote:
> I saw a couple of ssh related changes I wanted to make and tried
> building the docs for the first time in a long time. sphinx chews it,
> log appended.
>
> I think I meet docs/source/requirements.txt:
>
>      m2r
>      docutils<0.18
>      mistune<2.0.0
>
> as I have:
>
>      py38-m2r-0.2.1_1
>      py38-docutils-0.17.1,1
>      py38-mistune-0.8.4
>
> Hopefully it's obvious what I'm doing wrong?

I think my problem is that the FreeBSD port for sphinx is too new, it's
now at 4.3.1 (it was 3.5.2 up until November). I dusted off and booted
my ubuntu 18.04 ssd but couldn't find a python3 version of m2r so I
upgraded to 20.04, installed a few things, and I can build html docs
there with sphinx 1.8.5, m2r 0.2.1, docutils 0.16, and mistune 0.8.4.

		Craig