[Ovmsdev] 3.2.018 release

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sat Nov 20 09:26:33 HKT 2021

On 11/18/21 09:46, Craig Leres wrote:
> Hum... I was running 3.2.017-5-g5a19e477 on my modules and just tried to
> update. I removed the build directory (as I sometimes do) but I got many
> errors from the linker (~3000 lines).

This turns out to be due to our old friend pyparsing. FreeBSD recently
upgraded from 2.4.7 to 3.0.4 which does not work. The module is used by
esp-idf/tools/ldgen. I tried the latest (3.0.6) which also breaks the build.

Looking at the espressif esp-idf master branch I find that they *still*
are stuck < 2.4.0. The workaround that I used was to put a copy the
2.4.7 version of pyparsing.py into the ldgen directory. Looking at the
releases page:

     https://github.com/pyparsing/pyparsing/releases?page=3

The newest version that is "acceptable" is 2.3.1 which was release in
January of 2019...

I opened an issue with espressif, maybe they can be coaxed into
upgrading ldgen to work with newer versions.

		Craig