[Ovmsdev] Generator / V2G metrics

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon May 24 19:38:41 HKT 2021

Derek,

nice work! So the "first" once again goes to the Leaf :-)

Of course you can extend the V2 message protocol. Maybe introduce a new
message type for that, as "S" and "D" already are quite loaded.

The grid log already contains the generator metrics and should be
triggered by a change to the gen state metric as well. That's meant to
log sessions though, not to transport live data.

Car support shouldn't be a parameter (= user config) though, it should
be a property of the car adaption. Car capabilities have been on the
rework todo list for some time.

Am 24.05.21 um 08:58 schrieb Derek Caudwell:
> Hi all,
>
> In case it is helpful to others here is a sample output of the V2G

> metrics populated for the Leaf from a recent session. Note I've opted
> for presenting the Chademo voltage, current and power output (as the
> grid voltage and inverter efficiency is not known -external to car-
> but nominal grid voltage could be set with a parameter and then
> calculated).
>
> v.g.climit  19.8939A
> v.g.current
            7.5A
> v.g.duration.empty  533Min
> v.g.duration.range
> v.g.duration.soc
> v.g.efficiency
> v.g.generating                           yes
> v.g.kwh  0.0562549kWh
> v.g.kwh.grid
> v.g.kwh.grid.total
> v.g.limit.range