[Ovmsdev] GPS theft alert

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Mar 1 15:39:17 HKT 2021

Craig,

when connecting my bench module to my Arduino CAN shield, I need to add
a terminal resistor in between. Did you try that?

You could then test if can2 & can3 are also affected. can1 is the
internal bus of the ESP32 module, can2/3 are external MCP2515 buses
accessed via SPI.

If it's can1 only, you could try running some CAN tester using the
latest esp-idf driver. Maybe there are differences between the hardware
revisions, revision 1 has some hardware bugs in the CAN controller as well.

 From a first look into the current esp-idf master, there is now a HAL
for CAN (now called TWAI "two-way async interface" for whatever reason),
and there seem to be some differences between the revisions. But AFAICT
only minor ones:

https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/blob/master/components/soc/esp32/include/soc/soc_caps.h#L221