[Ovmsdev] Testing help requested on Tesla Roadster

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Jun 29 03:25:33 HKT 2021

I have created a roadster-wakeup branch from master where I uploaded
a fix for the problem that trying to manually start charging using the
app was not effective if the car was waiting for a scheduled charge
start time and was not awake.  If the slider on the charge connector
icon was moved to the right to start charging, the app might just move
the slider back or might cause the whole charge connector icon to
disappear.  The solution involves issuing a wakeup command to the car
and then tracking the actions the car takes before the point where it
is ready to accept the command to start charging while faking the car
status as presented to the app to keep it happy.

I have tested this on my 2008 (AKA 1.5) Roadster, but I would
appreciate corroboration from other Roadster owners, in particular
with 2.x Roadsters.

                                                        -- Steve